Reports To: President
Location: La Crescent, MN (Minutes from La Crosse, WI)
Status: Full time
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for the preparation of the company’s financial statements.
• Supervise the activities of all the accounting staff (A/P, A/R, Payroll).
• Oversee year-end closing and coordinate and assign duties to the accounting staff as needed.
• Maintain Viewpoint accounting system to ensure the proper, complete, and accurate record-keeping of accounting company transactions are performed within the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Evaluate departmental performance and adjust daily operations when needed to ensure the department meets overall goals and objectives.
• Provide training, guidance, and direction to employees to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner.
• Prepare and provide financial statements, sales reports, analysis, and other reports on a scheduled or unprompted basis.
• Maintain and reconcile the fixed assets to the general ledger.
• Prepare multiple state agency reports for tax purposes.
• Confer with upper management about budgeting and reviewing strategies to meet overall goals and objectives.
• Work closely with financial institutions concerning banking activity changes, enhancements and charges.
• Work on special projects as needed.
Payroll Job Functions:
• Prepare quarterly and annual payroll tax reports.
• Alert employees of quarterly timeframe for which they can enroll in 401K election.
• Ensure that 401K contributions are made accurately and timely.
• Provide year-end wage information to Pension Specialists for 401K compliance.
Year End Audit Job Functions:
• Coordinate year-end audit with external auditors and assist in the preparation of audit schedules, data and information.
• Work closely with the accounting staff to coordinate efforts to provide needed information for the auditors.
• Ensure required information is readily available.
• Maintain the scope of the audit within the prescribed boundaries.
• Conduct internal audits of processes, records and information.
• Direct the implementation of needed corrections as determined by audit.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required (from an AACSB accredited Business School).
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred, but not required.
• 5 years Controller experience preferred.
How to Apply: If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send your cover letter & resume to: email@example.com Attn: Human Resources