The primary purpose of this position is to manage and direct daily accounting activities; ensuring that proper accounting and recording of company transactions are performed in an accurate and timely manner; and producing financial and other key reports for management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the preparation of the company’s financial statements.
- Supervise the activities of all the accounting staff (A/P, A/R, Payroll).
- Oversee year-end closing and assign duties to the accounting staff as needed.
- Maintain Viewpoint accounting system to ensure the proper, complete, and accurate record-keeping of accounting company transactions are performed within the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Evaluate departmental performance and adjust daily operations to ensure overall goals and objectives are met.
- Provide training, guidance, and direction to employees to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner.
- Prepare and provide financial statements, sales reports, analysis, and other reports on a scheduled or unprompted basis.
- Prepare quarterly and annual payroll tax reports.
- Manage the 401K plan enrollments, contributions, compliance, and reporting.
- Maintain and reconcile the fixed assets to the general ledger.
- Prepare multiple state agency reports for tax purposes.
- Coordinate year-end audit with external auditors and assist in the preparation of audit schedules, data and information.
- Conduct internal audits of processes, records and information.
- Confer with upper management about budgets and strategies to meet company overall goals and objectives.
- Work closely with financial institutions concerning banking activity changes, enhancements and charges.
- Special projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required (from an AACSB accredited Business School).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred, but not required.
- 5 years Controller experience preferred.
How to Apply:
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send your cover letter & resume to: email@example.com Attn: Human Resources